2012年9月11日星期二

I follow the same pattern each time I clean to make sure I don't miss any parts of the rod or reel.

To get the most from your fishing reels and rods, you need to properly clean and maintain them after every use.

If your like me, at the end of a fishing trip the last thing you feel like doing is spending time cleaning your fishing gear. For the small amount of time it takes it really will make a difference to the longevity and quality of your rods and reels.

When fishing in fresh water it is not such a big deal and a general rub down with a soft cloth or sponge using soapy water, then drying with a clean towel is usually enough.

I will usually clean my rods and reels the same way no matter whether I have been in fresh or salt water to ensure it is always clean and ready to go the next time I go fishing.

Salt Water Is Enemy Number One of Fishing Rods and Reels
Salt water is such a corrosive substance and if left uncleaned can very quickly do damage to your expensive fishing gear.

I follow the same pattern each time I clean to make sure I don't miss any parts of the rod or reel.

Using a bucket of luke warm soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge wash down each section of the rod and reel making sure you concentrate getting soapy water into every nook and cranny that salt water may have gotten in to.

When your satisfied you have coated every area, use a nail brush to gently scrub around the reel, line guides and runners to remove any residual salt spray.

Thoroughly hose down your fishing reel and rod with fresh water to remove all traces of the soap suds and then dry off with a clean towel or allow to air dry.

General Maintenance
As a part of the general maintenance I use WD-40, lightly spraying it around the sides of the reel, the handle and on the runners and line guides. Wipe off any excess spray with cloth or paper towel.

Proper Storage
Both rods and reels are best stored in a warm dry area where there is no chance of them getting damaged by other things stored near them or brushing passed them.

If you have spent as much on your fishing gear as I have, then a lockable cupboard is your safest bet, as I have heard many horror stories of rods and reels going missing from peoples garages or other unsecure areas.

If you take the time to follow the steps on how to properly clean your fishing reels and rods you should get many trouble free years out of your favourite fishing equipment.

没有评论:

发表评论